As per the reports emitting out of the world wide web I came to know that Xiaomi’s new flagship killer Mi 8 has actually killed some flagships in form of Galaxy S9+ and iPhone X, as far as the camera department is concerned. Xiaomi will be launching Mi 8 in China on 31 May, 2018. There are some of the opinion that it will be a China specific device only but majority of the tech world is of the opinion that it will be available in other countries too. So stay tuned on UB7 to know the exact launch date and price for Mi 8 in India.
Now lets go to the camera competition. The photography benchmark which we are taking into consideration today is called DxOMark. Truly speaking I am not aware of this benchmarking system before exploring about Xiaomi Mi 8. According DxOMark, Mi 8 received a score of 99 and hence placed it at 4th place with Samsung Galaxy S9+. More analysis of the same benchmark is listed below in to the point list format for easy and quick reading.
- iPhone X is now placed at 5th place in DxOMark benchmark.
- The so called photo score for Mi 8 is 105 and video score is 88.
- Just for the comparison P20 Pro from Huawei scored 114 photo points and 98 video points. P20 Pro is number 1 smartphone on the DxOMark benchmark.
- Low light photography in Mi 8 is considerably improved as compared to its predecessor Mi Mix 2S.
- Mi 8 comes with dual camera setup with two 12 MP camera and aperture sizes of f/1.8 and f/2.4.
- As usual phase detection auto focus is present and DxOMark praised the same.