Xiaomi’s popularity is spreading like wildfire in the subcontinent of India. Guess why? The answer is simple and in one word because of the fact it is cheap. Cheap android based smartphones from China are getting more and more popular here in India because of the fact that they utilizing same SOC (Smartphone’s Motherboard) which premium brands are using that is the one from US Semiconductor giant Qualcomm. Qualcomm chipsets are generally more costly as compared to other vendors like MediaTek and few years back were only available in high end phones.
XIaomi has now continued this tradition and launched the all new Mi 6x alias Mi A2 (no idea what will be its final name). Mi 6x will feature the Snapdragon 660 SOC from Qualcomm which is among the latest launched this year from Qualcomm. Dual cameras are now becoming like a default standard for many of the mid – high range smartphones and hence it is there in Mi 6x also. As usual it will be an Android smartphone featuring Android Oreo 8.1 with a custom skin.
- Display – 5.99 inch, 18:9 (aspect ratio), thin bezels
- CPU – Qualcomm SOC 660 (Octacore consisting of Quad Kyro 260 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz and other Quad Kyro 260 set clocked at 1.8 GHz)
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 512
- RAM – 4 GB and 6 GB LPDDR4x memory featuring dual channel support
- Primary Camera – Dual Cameras(First is a Sony 12MP sensor model IMX486 and second is a Sony 20MP sensor model IMX376; featuring aperture size of f/1.75)
- Secondary or Front or Selfie camera: 20 MP Sony sensor IMX376
- Usual camera features such as autofocus and led flash are present.
- Battery – 3010 mille Ampere-Hour (mAh) with support for Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0
- Body Material – Metal
- Weight – 168 gms
- Utilities – Mi 6x features Xiaomi’s home grown AI known as Xiao Ai responsible for tasks such as image manipulation, translations etc.
- 64GB space and 4 GB RAM model – 1599 Yuan
- 64GB space and 6 GB RAM model – 1799 Yuan
- 128 GB space and 6 GB RAM model – 1999 Yuan
These will be available in China on April 27th, 2018 (Friday).