As you all know that IOS 6 will be the next version of the mobile OS from apple. IOS 6 will replace previous generation IOS 5. The official announcement of this OS will be done today at WWDC by Apple but the actual launch will somewhere near October. At that time Apple is expected to launch the next iPhone also that is iPhone 5.
Various improvements which can be there in IOS 6 are listed below:
- The first and foremost improvement that IOS 6 brings is the availability of ”Siri” for the big screen iPad. Presently only iPhone 4S has Siri app but now after the launch of IOS 6 it will be available on iPad too.
- Addition of the 3D maps application which is destined to replace Google Maps. From IOS 6 onwards the Google Maps will be replaced by 3D map app from Apple as the default map service . This is considered as a big blow to Google.
- Apple app store is expected to get a new look.
- Integration of Facebook into the very core of the OS.
- A feature rumoured as iCloud Tabs will also be available in IOS 6. With the help of iCloud Tabs one can access their open tabs in the Safari web browser across multiple IOS devices. This is really an interesting features for those who travel large distances and want to access their open tabs in the browser of their MAC computer at home.
- Another function known Mail VIP will also be available in IOS 6. This will mark all the important mails that you will receive.
- Another function goes by the Do Not Disturb. With the help of these feature one can stop incoming notifications from different apps installed on your device.
- Updated versions of some default apps such as iTunes, App Store and iBooks.
IOS 6 is also rumoured to be designed keeping the new iPhone 5 in mind, as the new iPhone is expected to have a large screen of 4.0 inches. At 4.0 inches it will be 0.5 inches larger than its previous generation.
Apple usually update their all devices both old and new with the new OS whenever it is released. But this will not happen now as a rumour is already on the web world indicated that at least two of the old Apple devices will not be getting upcoming IOS 6 update which will be officially declared at WWDC which is going to be held at San Francisco today. The devices which are not getting this big update includes Original iPad and 3rd Generation iPod touch. Actual update will be released somewhere near October, 2012.
IOS 6 will be the latest mobile OS from Apple and will power its devices such as iPad, iPhone etc. IOS 6 is expected to bring some serious improvements over the previous generation IOS 5. It is also being considered as the biggest IOS update till date.
HTC has recently announced that they will be launching HTC One S here in India on 15th June, 2012. HTC One S is the one of the smart phone of the much hyped HTC One series. It was already launched in some of the European countries. It is expected to be priced at Rs. 33,000 which is definitely a high for a dual core smartphone like HTC One S. It’s bigger brother HTC One X is already present in India and is currently priced at around Rs. 35,000. One X is powered by a quad core CPU ( Nvidia Tegra 3 ) as compared dual core CPU in One S.
Its detailed specifications are listed below in a tabular format.
HTC One X
HTC One S
Nvidia Tegra 3 Chipset
|Dual Core 1.5 GHz Krait on Qualcomm MSM8260A Snapdragon chipset
||720 X 1280
|540 X 960
||Corning Gorilla Glass
||Corning Gorilla Glass
||Android ICS 4.0
||Android ICS 4.0
||1.3 MP @ 720P
1 GB RAM
The looks and design of HTC One S is very similar to HTC One X. There core difference is the number of cores in their CPUs.
Encryption converts our string into some random characters there by making it difficult for hackers to know the real string. It is always recommended to encrypt the passwords of your website users before saving it to a database.
Here we will be using “crypt()” function in PHP for encryption. The method defined here will not let your users to reset their passwords via reset form. Here is the code which can be used for encryption.
The strip tags function used here helps in removing the HTML tags.
Ultra Books are now becoming more and more popular as times passes but they still considered as a costly or luxurious version of a normal Notebook. The most basic featured Ultra Book from Dell that is XPS 13 costs around massive Rs, 76,000 and you can get the same or more powerful configuration from Dell at a price of Rs. 44,000 in the form of Inspiron 15R. This is around Rs, 32,000 cheaper than XPS 13.
What is Ultra Book?
Ultrabook is the term first used by Intel to market their low TDP CPUs.In simple language it is a Notebook only with its body made up of materials like carbon fibre to make it light weight and use a low TDP CPU to power it so that it consumes less power than a normal notebook at same price. Usually the increase in battery life is significant because of the highly efficient CPUs used in an Ultra Book. They can also contain special Hard Drive known as SSD which stands for Solid State Drive. SSDs don’t have any moving parts and contain memory cells which make its reading and writing speeds much faster than a normal hard drive. Because of these SSDs the boot time of an Operating System decreases significantly.
Most of the Ultrabooks don’t contain a dedicated GPU instead they use integrated graphic chip as their main graphic processor.
Why are Ultrabook so costly?
You may have been thinking of the fact that as Ultrabooks contain a lower TDP and less powerful processor, it should cost much lower than a normal notebook with powerful components. But it is not so. On average the price difference between a Notebook and Ultrabook in Indian is around Rs. 30,000. Ultrabook are costly because of the following facts:
- High quality display with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Use of SSDs as booting drives
- Premium carbon fibre body
- Use of highly efficient and lower TDP CPUs which offers maximum performance at lower power.
Should you buy an Ultrabook?
If you want a premium product than yes you should buy an Ultrabook but keep this thing in your mind that Ultrabooks are not value for money product according to me. You can get the same or more powerful configuration in a Notebook at a price Rs. 30,000 lower than a basic Ultrabook. But in case if you travel frequently and want a laptop with longer battery life and at the same time you need that thing to be light weight than also Ultrabook is a great choice. On average the weight difference between an Ultrabook and a Notebook is around 1.4 kg which is quite significant.
Which companies has launched their Ultrabook in India up till now?
Many laptop makers has already launched their Ultrabooks in India and last one to follow is Sony which had recently launched some of their Ultrabooks in India. Here is the list of the Ultrabooks available in India with prices:
- DELL XPS 13 Ultrabook at Rs. 76,000
- HP Folio 13 Ultrabook at Rs. 67,500
- HP Envy 4 1002 TX at Rs. 57,000
- HP Envy 4 1025TX at Rs, 52,000
- HP Envy 4 1003 TX at Rs. 46,000
- HP Envy 6 1003 TX at Rs. 46,000
- HP Envy 6 1001 TU at Rs. 41,000
- HP Envy 4 1002 TU at Rs, 41,000