- Nokia’s last hope is now depend on their Windows based Lumia phones.
- Nokia had already launched Lumia 800 and Lumia 710 in India at an attractive price tag of Rs. 23,000 and Rs. 15,200 respectively.
- Nokia is now all set to launch their two new Lumia series phones that is Lumia 610 and Lumia 900.
- Lumia 610 and Lumia 900 are already available in foreign markets but they are still yet to be launched in India.
- Nokia today announced the availability of their low end Lumia smartphone Lumia 610 at an attractive price tag of Rs. 12,999. This is the lowest price of any Windows Phone available in India today.
- Nokia is yet to launch their high end Lumia 900 smartphone.
- Nokia has also announced the launch of the limited Dark Knight Rises edition Lumia 800 smartphone at Rs. 25,999. There will be only 200 units of this edition which will be up for sale.
Specification of Lumia 610
- Lumia 610 comes pre loaded with Windows 7.5 OS which is presently the latest version of Windows Phone OS.
- It will be powered by a 800 MHz processor which is based on ARM architecture.
- Display size will be 3.7 inch diagonally.
- It will have 8 GB of internal storage.
- It will have a 5 MP primary camera.
There is also one point to be reminded here that all present generation Lumia based phones which includes Lumia 610, 710, 800 and 900 will not receive the next major version of Windows Phone OS that is Windows Phone 8.
Nokia is definitely one of the worlds largest manufacturer of mobile phones but from the past few years their sales are witnessing a downward trend in both the categories of mobile phone that is simple phones and smartphones. Due to their strong network and years of presence in India, Nokia is still regarded as one of the best mobile manufacturer in India. Here are some of the information from latest stats compiled by CyberMedia Research.
- Total sales of mobiles phones in India surpassed 50mllion dollar mark which is 9.1 per cent hike as compared to same time of previous year.
- Nokia is still the market leader with 23 per cent of market share in the mobile phone market
- Second position is with Samsung which enjoys a healthy market share of 14.1 per cent.
- On third is our Indian company Micromax with a market share of 5.8 per cent.
- Total smartphone sales in India as per the report is 2.7 million
- In smartphones department Samsung leads the list with 40.4 per cent market share.
- Nokia is on second with 25.5 per cent market share in smartphone sales.
- RIM’s Blackberry is at third position with 12.3 per cent market share of the smartphone market in India.
- Dual SIM phones are witnessing a explosive growth as 67.7 per cent of the total mobile phones sales consist of dual SIM phones.
- 3G enabled phones stands at 4.7 million units
- Smartphones sales is just 5.3 per cent of the total mobile phones sales