Superficial comparison of broadband plans available for under Rs. 1000 per month

Home Forums Broadband Related News Superficial comparison of broadband plans available for under Rs. 1000 per month

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    HH

First of all there are some conditions which i would like to mention here before proceeding with my article:
    + In this article i am considering only three ISP that is Airtel, Reliance and BSNL which is mainly due to their country wide presence.
    + Plans which i will consider here will not include VAT or Tax!

Plans for heavy downloaders:
    If you want to download GB’s and GB’s of data from torrent network than you will have to go either with BSNL or Reliance. Airtel provides some crappy plans with low FUP and mediocre 256 Kbps unlimited download speed.

PLAN No.1
    BSNL BBG FN COMBO 600
    This plans provides you with a speed up to 2 Mbps. FUP or usage limit is set to 2.5 GB which is definitely quite low even for normal web surfing but you will get Night Unlimited feature with this plan. This means one can download unlimited amount of data without affecting their actual usage from 2:00 AM to 8:00 AM of each day. Not only this you will also get free 250 MCU (Metered Call Unit) with this plan for free callling from Landline. This plans costs only Rs. 600 + Tax.

PLAN No. 2
    Reliance Night Zoom 649
    This plan is definitely good on paper but actual reality is still unknown. In this you will get a speed of 600 Kbps in the daytime and 1 Mbps during Night Time (10:00 PM to 6:00 AM). This plan is claimed to be true unlimited and it costs just Rs. 649 per month + Tax.

PLAN No. 3
    BB Home Combo ULD 750
    This plan is a true unlimited plan from BSNL. It provides you with a speed of 1Mbps till 6 GB and a speed of 512 Kbps afterwards. This plan will cost you around Rs. 750 per month + Tax.

PLAN No. 4
    BBG Combo ULD 850
    According to me this plan is better than the previous one because for just Rs. 100 more you will here get 2Mbps speed till 8 GB and 512 Kbps afterwards. Not only this you will also get free calling of 350 MCU per month. This plan will cost you around Rs.. 850 per month.

PLAN No. 5
    BB Home Combo ULD 900
    This plan is an upgrade to previous two plans. This will give you speed up to 4Mbps till 8 GB and 512 Kbps afterwards. You will also get free calling of about 400 MCU per month. This plan will cost you around Rs. 900 per month + Tax.

PLAN No. 6
    Reliance Night Zoom 999
    This is definitely one of the most interesting broadband plan among all which i have listed here. This will provide you with speed up to 1 Mbps during the daytime and with a speed up to 1.5 Mbps during the night time. It is a true unlimited plan and will cost you around Rs. 999 per month + Tax.

You must be wondering why i have not listed any Airtel plan here than my answer is that there is not even a single plan from Airtel that can compete with the plans from BSNL or Reliance. They are still stuck on the age old speed of 256 Kbps but on the other hand Airtel is one of the costliest ISP available in India presently.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.