Godaddy CEO Bob Parsons facing heat over his controversial elephant killing video

Godaddy CEO Mr. Bob Parsons is facing immense criticism over his video of killing an elephant in Zimbabwe. Godaddy CEO who is famous for giving business tips on his personal blog is being hated all over the internet for what he had done in Zimbabwe.

Bob Parsons on his twitter account “http://twitter.com/DRBOBPARSONS” tweets about “hunting a problem elephant in Zimbabwe”. Below is the screen shot of the same.

Bob Parsons cruelty to animals

From the video one can notice that he had not only killed the elephant but also outfitted everyone in the area with bright orange GoDaddy baseball caps.

After the mounting pressure from PETA, Bob Parsons on his blog stand by his decision of killing elephant. Here is the snippet of what he had written in his blog.

I stand by my decision to help African villagers. I believe elephant management is beneficial. I have the support of the people who really matter in this situation, the families of Zimbabwe — people who need help to survive. I have the support of tribal leaders and the government.

In response to the video, many domainers around the world have to decided to move their domains to another domain registrar’s. Here is some of the screen shots from some of the popular domain forums.

Click to open in a new window

Also Namecheap.com, a competitor of godaddy in response to this incident have released a special discount on domains for their customers so that they can move their domains from GoDaddy. Here is the screen shot of the message posted by Namecheap.com

Namecheaps response to godaddy
Click to open in a new window